Unfortunately, I was not able to complete all of the Analog Out labs from last week (part of my list of things to do this weekend)! But I attended Joe Mango’s PComp workshop on Saturday and was able to get my DC motor to spin (disregard the potentiometer that’s on my breadboard!). One frustrating aspect of getting this to work was that the motor seemed to work one second, but malfunction the next, even the code was not changed, so I chalked it up to a faulty motor.
Next, I attempted to accomplish the same effect using the Servo. This proved to be a considerably less challenging task after troubleshooting the DC motor and I was able to get it to rotate! Initially, I noticed the movement wasn’t very smooth, so I added a Delay command to create a smoother movement.